Registration is now open for Beach Patrol’s 2015 Junior Lifeguard Winter Camp. This program is designed for participants ages 10 to 15. The program will run from January 27th through March 17th on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 6:45 PM to 8:15 PM at the North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center.
Participants will learn:
- Water safety
- How to escape a rip current
- Proper stroke mechanics
- Reaching, walking and throwing assists
- Caring for head, neck and back injuries
- Rescue board techniques
- CPR / AED, First Aid and basic rescue skills
Participants must attend all classes to graduate. At the end of the course, each Junior Lifeguard will be certified by the American Red Cross in CPR for adults and children.
The registration fee is $25, made payable to North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center. The fee includes a Junior Lifeguard backpack to be issued upon completion of the camp. Applicants can register now at the North Myrtle Beach Aquatic & Fitness Center.
Applicants must be able to:
- Tread water continuously for three minutes
- Swim 100 yards continuously using the front crawl with rhythmic breathing
- Accomplish a 20 yard brick tow
Participants must provide their own goggles, bathing suit (for females, one-piece suits are recommended), towel, change of clothes, swim cap, sunscreen and water or a sports drink.
For more information call Beach Patrol at 843-281-3820.