http://ps.nmb.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/surf_home2c.png 741 1920 refoor http://ps.nmb.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/top-logo21.png refoor2015-06-03 15:06:522015-06-03 15:08:13North Myrtle Beach - Beach Laws
- SHADING DEVICES: Only UMBRELLAS with a center pole no greater than 7 feet 6 inches in height and a circular shade no greater than 9 feet in diameter are allowed on the beach May 15-September 15. No tents, tarps, cabanas, pavilions, sports-brellas or similar devices, or any material mounted on supports allowed on the beach May 15-September 15. Access the complete law here: Beach Shading Devices Law
- If you dig a hole on the beach, you must fill it in before leaving the beach.
- It is illegal for anyone under age 17 to possess a laser pointer, except within the permanent residence of that minor or under direct supervision of parent, guardian or teacher, who also take full responsibility for its possession and use under the law, and who also bear the full consequences of its misuse. Access the complete laser pointer law here: Laser Pointer Law
- Unlawful to Litter (Fines up to $1000).
- Alcohol, glass, fireworks prohibited.
- No swimming beyond 50 yards or shoulder height.
- No parking beyond the posted public beach access rule sign.
- All watercraft must operate 100 yards or more off shore.
- Illegal to pick or damage sea oats and sand dunes fencing.
- May 15-September 15: No dogs allowed on the beach 9am-5pm. Surf only in designated areas 9am-4pm.
- Dog Owners: Leash law is in effect at all times; maximum leash length is 7 feet. Pet owners must pick up and properly dispose of pet waste.
GOLF CARTS LAWS [Golf Cart Map]
- Golf Carts must display SC permit sticker. Available at any SC DMV office or online at www.scdmvonline.com
- Must be driven by a licensed driver
- Allowed on secondary roadways only
- May cross primary roads [Ocean Blvd, 27th S, Hwy 17 or Sea Mtn Hwy]
- Must obey all State traffic laws
- Seating capacity cannot be exceeded
- Daylight operation only