Whether you are visiting us in North Myrtle Beach or a local leaving for a vacation, fire safety doesn’t stop at home. Here are a few tips on fire safety while staying in hotels this summer!
- Choose a hotel that is protected by both smoke alarms and a fire sprinkler system.
- When you check in, ask the front desk what the fire alarm sounds like so you and your family can identify it.
- When you enter your room, review the escape plan posted in your room, making sure your family knows where to meet.
- Take the time to find the exits and count the number of doors between your room and the exit. Make sure the exits are unlocked. If they are locked, report it to management right away.
- Keep your room key by your bed and take it with you if there is a fire.
- If the alarm sounds, leave right away, closing all doors behind you.
- Use the stairs — never use elevators during a fire!
- If you must escape through smoke, get low to the ground and go under the smoke to your exit.
For more fire safety tips, click on the picture below or look under our “Fire Prevention” tab in the menu.
Remember to stay safe North Myrtle Beach!