- 21 years old or older
- United States Citizen
- Clear criminal record
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School/GED or any combination of experience, post-secondary education, military experience preferred
- Prefer one to two years of law enforcement and fire suppression experience or any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience
Personal History Statement will be emailed to applicants for completion:
The following documents are required:
- A photocopy of your birth certificate. U.S. Citizenship is required for a sworn position (Class I, II, III LEO).
- A photocopy of your Social Security Card.
- A photocopy of your driver’s license.
- A certified driving record for all states in which you are/were licensed.
- A photocopy of your highest college degree earned AND a photocopy of your high school diploma or transcript. An official transcript from the college from which you graduated will need to be sent directly to the North Myrtle Beach DPS for review.
- If you have served in the U.S. Military for any period of time, a photocopy of your DD-214 (Member 4 Copy listing Characterization of Service, Separation and Re-Enlistment Codes) or photocopy of your discharge certificate.
- A photocopy of any licenses or certificate which show special qualifications or skills. If you are a certified law enforcement officer from outside South Carolina, a photocopy of your state certificate and training academy curriculum with hours.
- The notarized Authorization to Release Information.
- Signed Waiver for release of your consumer credit report.