About Beach Services
Beach Services is a division of the Parks and Recreation Department responsible for the sales of umbrellas, chairs, hippo slide rides and concessions on the beach.
Looking for a summer job? Visit www.nmb.us to apply to be a concession worker for the summer of 2015!
Location and contact information
J. Bryan Floyd Community Center
1030 Possum Trot Road
Phone: 843- 280-5620
1018 Second Avenue South
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29582
The City of North Myrtle Beach offers residents and tourists the convenience of beverages and food on the beach including:
- Italian Ice
- Candy Bars
- Pepsi Products, Water, Gatorade
Thank you for your interest in North Myrtle Beach for your upcoming wedding. The following information may assist you in your wedding plans:
- Marriage License – A South Carolina marriage license can be obtained from Horry County Probate Court. An application is available online at horrycounty.org.
- Ceremony on the beach – There are no permits required for having your wedding ceremony on the beach although beach rules must be observed. This is a public beach and no areas can be blocked off or reserved. There is public parking at most street-ends and the beach front parks are all public and cannot be reserved.
- A North Myrtle Beach business license is required for anyone who performs a service within the City limits such as photographer, caterer, rental service, etc.
- Safety – No glass is allowed on the beach. We recommend that you not throw bird seed or rice due to the birds on the beach. They tend to dive at things that are thrown in the air. If you use a few chairs for the ceremony or an arch, please remove them as soon as the ceremony is complete. For security reasons, please notify the Department of Public Safety if you will have a large number of cars and or a crowd. They can be reached at (843) 280 5511.
- Parks – NMB has several parks that are available on a reserved basis. Go to http://parks.nmb.us for information on reservations and to see pictures of the sites.
- Additional Assistance – Contact Merideth Smith, City Clerk @ (843) 280 5604.
Chair and Umbrella Rentals
Beach Services provides umbrella and chair rentals primarily from late May to mid September during the hours of 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. The Beach Services division also provides soft drinks, Italian Ice and other concessions for sale from push carts along the beach. Want to enjoy your beach trip to the full extent? Have Beach Services set up your chairs and umbrellas for you. For more information, or to reserve an umbrella and chair contact Beach Services at (843) 280-5684.
The Trippo Water Slide
The TRIPPO stands about 40 feet tall, is about 175 feet long and weighs about 7,000 pounds. It offers two curved side chutes and one straightaway main chute The slide is set up on the beach between 1st and 2nd Avenues South in North Myrtle Beach. Tickets and wristbands are available for purchase at Ocean Park, which is located at 1st Avenue South street end.
Open daily Memorial Day Weekend until Labor Day from 10:30 am until 4:00 pm
|Daily Pass* (all day rides)||$20|
|Weekly Pass* (Sunday to Saturday – 7 days)||$60|
|Individual Season Pass** (Memorial Day Weekend – Labor Day)||$65|
|Family Season Pass** (Memorial Day Weekend – Labor Day)||$185|
*Valid for one specific person; not transferable.
**Purchase pass at Ocean Park.
Group rates are also available by calling Lauren Richardson at (843) 280-5674 or Graham Faris at (843) 280-5620.
The wild ride to the bottom can be enjoyed by adults and children. For more information contact Beach Services at (843) 280-5684.