Jury Trial Information
The defendant also has the right to request a trial by jury which would occur at a date later than originally scheduled bench trial. Jury trials are scheduled five (5) times per year, usually every other month. The jury consists of 6 people who must agree unanimously on the verdict.
Jury Trial Request Forms
- Forma de Ensayo del Jurado de la Petición
- Jury Trial Request Form (Attorneys Only)
- Jury Trial Request Form
2024 Dates for Jury Rosters & Jury Trials
Roster Call Date
9:00 AM Attorneys *1 &
10:00 AM Pro Se Defendants *2
Pre-Trial Docket Date *3
Jury Trial Week *4
|January 4||January 18||January 22 - 26|
|April 4||April 18||April 22 - 26|
|No Trials||Scheduled||For May Term|
|June 27||July 11||July 15 - 19|
|August 29||September 12||September 16 - 20|
|October 31||November 14||November 18 - 22|
- All attorneys are required to attend roster call at 9:00 a.m. unless your cases have been resolved in writing prior to roster call. Any plea offer not accepted in writing will expire at 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before jury selection.
- All pro se defendants are required to attend roster call at 10:00 a.m.
- North Myrtle Beach Public Defender clients only.
- Jury selection begins on Monday at 9:00 a.m. – all juries for the week will be selected at that time.
Pre-Trial Docket (Public Defender cases only)
If the Public Defender has been appointed to your case, you must contact their office as soon as possible. Their office will schedule your appearance dates.
Jury selection begins on Monday at 9 am. All juries for the trial week will be selected at that time.